Friday 5 April 2024

This Week in the Sewing Room

Not a lot of machine sewing this week. I finished some purple string coasters for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, but that's about it. I did do a lot of sorting and tidying of my sewing area, and some cutting and some hand stitching. 

As usual I am behind in the focus cutting sewalong, but I did do some cutting for the missed blocks.

Block 6 is sections for C - cactus.

Blocks 7 & 8 were D - I'm still looking for d fabric.

Block 9 motif - E for elephant. Still working on 10.

Block 11 motif for F. F is for flags. I like this ship flags fabric. Amazing how far a fat quarter will go. Still working on 12.

Block 13 was motif - G for gingerbread house. Block 14 could be a while off yet as I have no idea what fabric to use.

So I will keep working on the hand stitching this week and get started on this months Rainbow Scrap Challenge colour of yellow. 

Link Up Parties: 

Wednesday-Wait-Loss – The Inquiring Quilter

A Pageant of Finishes – From Bolt to Beauty (on a break until May)

Finished(or Not) Friday – Alycia Quilt

Off the Wall Fridays - Creations - Quilts, Art, Whatever

Put Your Foot Down - A Quiltery

So Scrappy  - Scrap Happy Saturday

4 comments:

  1. So cute - your handsewn blocks. I never thought to look at fabric as to an alphabet letter. LOL - it would be difficult with my stash as I have a lot of flower fabrics. I know! I could do the letters as to the names of the flowers. Aster, bougainvillea, camellia, dandelion, and on and on. Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stash keeps giving and giving. Such fun to see what you have chosen for each letter of the alphabet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your focus cutting! So pretty. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/04/03/wednesday-wait-loss-374

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great blocks - that cactus is so prickly haha!! the coasters are cute too - great idea!

    ReplyDelete