Saturday 25 February 2023

Slow Start to the Year

Wow, it's almost March and I don't seem to have had a lot of time to do much sewing. Yes, I did finish Quiltville Mystery Quilt, and have gifted it, but I don't feel like I've been in my sewing room much. Only excuse - not that I need one 😀- is we have been on a couple of trips.

But today is the day. Today I will be heading downstairs and will be working on a few projects. First I will be spending 30 minutes (while listening to Hamilton) sorting out my fabric storage area that doubled as a bedroom when the grandchildren visited from England. For me, to spend 30 minutes sorting and putting fabric back where it should be before sewing each day, is better than spending at least a whole day doing it.

I will work on finishing the quilt top for the leaders and enders challenge, (above) and get out pink fabric scraps for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge 2023. 

A few years ago I started collecting small scraps from projects and kept them in a bag. I quickly realised I should sort these scraps into colours and I would make small blocks for each colour as my leaders and enders. Then last year I discovered Rainbow Scrap Challenge and this year I will continue.

January was dark and light blue, and I still had my box of blues out from last year. This month, February is pinks - perfect - I will get them out and start on pinks today.

I have a few different designs that I make as leaders/enders. Strip blocks are always good and I make them in a couple of different sizes. Also scrappy coloured blocks to make a stained glass window type quilt, when I have enough. This year I might look for some other designs, like hearts - with all the HST I have, or even foundation paper piecing.

Link Up Parties: 

Wednesday-Wait-Loss

Off the Wall Friday

Finished (or Not) Friday

Peacock Party 

Beauty Pagents 

So Scrappy 

3 comments:

  1. All you had to say was Quiltville Mystery finish, Hamilton and RSC and you are forgiven any time not spent in your creative space! Seems like you have re-started at a good clip though. You will work through those color scrap bins in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love looking into that scrap bin! So many pretty pinks. Looking forward to seeing the blocks you make. The Leader/Ender blocks are pretty together! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those blocks on your design wall look cool!! and I am with you - a little organizing each day is better than all at once!

    ReplyDelete