Friday 6 January 2023

Happy New Year : Recent Sewing.

Happy New Year! A tradition in our family is to watch the Sydney Fireworks from where ever we are. They never disappoint.

The biggest achievement was finishing Briars quilt. A quilt that I English Paper Pieced  the top, and machine quilted the finished quilt. It is now, almost, in England with my darling granddaughter Briar. The pattern, Paper Lanterns was from Sue Daly, and was released during lock down - yes, that's when I started it. I love this quilt and will make it again, in different colours. I feel the flowers around the centre are too busy.

With overseas family staying with us for the month of December, I didn't spend a lot of time in the sewing room. I did, however attempt to catch up with Focus Cutting Sewalong - not all caught up yet, but getting there - AND the new Focus Cutting Sewalong is starting next week.

Block 36 and 37 was the remember Queen Elizabeth II. Block 38 was posted last blog, or the one before.

October theme was cotton, an interesting topic. 39, the earliest cotton.

 40 was for World Mental Health Day. I like to use hand sewing as one of my mindfulness activities.

Block 41 - World Cotton Day -what better way to depict world cotton day but with fashion.

Block 42 - precious cotton. All my fabric is precious, and this fabric I now have very little of, so I guess it is more precious.

Block 43 is the the brightest cotton, well I have a lot of bright fabrics.

I have also been working on Bonnie Hunters 2022 Mystery, Chilhowie. Keeping that for next time.

Link Up Parties: 

Wednesday-Wait-Loss

Off the Wall Friday

Finished (or Not) Friday

Peacock Party 

6 comments:

  1. I really like your Paper Lanterns quilt. Unusual colours and so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure if my comment made it. I wanted to say that I think your quilt is very pretty, with unusual colours, and I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Hubblebird. I tried to keep the colours as close to the original pattern as possible. I think it would better with less colours - next time.

      Delete
  3. Glad to see you back! What a pretty quilt for Briar. Love your epp as usual. So precise. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer, it's good to be back.

      Delete
  4. Oh that paper lanterns is a Beauty!!! I love all the happy color in it!!!

    ReplyDelete