Saturday 6 August 2022

Discovered RSC late - Rainbow Scrap Challenge

YAY - finished the first quilt from the Moda Blockheads 2022, and it looks great on the guest bed. I have a few other projects to finish off this week, hopefully will show you next blog. On the back of the quilt I used some leftover blocks.

While reading my favourite quilting blogs, I often see posts about rainbow scrap blocks, so decided to check it out. Wow, I am super late to the party!! Super Scrappy has been doing this since 2010!! Well August is ORANGE - so I'll see what I can make this month.

I also finally finished the July Focus Cutting Sewalong. The theme was water. Week 26 was freestyle and I chose some blue fabric.

Week 27 was motif. Gee I've used this fabric a lot. Think I should make some masks for an upcoming cruise.
Week 28 was sections and I used some seagull fabric.
Week 29 matching.

Link Up Parties: 

Wednesday-Wait-Loss

Off the Wall Friday

Finished (or Not) Friday

A Pageant of Finishes

Peacock Party 



10 comments:

  1. love your moda blockheads and your sew along blocks! have fun with orange this month!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat, I've made five orange blocks so far.

      Delete
  2. I've known about the RSC challenge for a couple of years, but have not joined in yet. No idea why, other than maybe the word "scraps" in the name my knee-jerk reaction is that I don't have that many scraps. Unless you count all those FQ and larger bits scraps :-). Yeah - I have no excuse.

    I love the 3d setting you used for your Blockheads quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun with the RSC. I started a couple of years ago. I tend to make multiple versions of the same block. Last year it was a 6" block and this year I went bigger! 9" with 3 each month. We'll see what I come up with for a quilt top from them. Enjoy working with orange. brsinstitches at gmail. com (for some reason blogs won't let me use my google account, Bummer.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a plan. I've started with 6.5" blocks.

      Delete
  4. your Moda Blockheads looks Great!!! Enjoy the RSC - its a fun thing to challenge you each month!
    Thanks for linking to Finished ( or not) Friday

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 3D effect of the Moda Blockheads quilt is so wonderful! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete