Saturday 23 July 2022

Quilt top finished - What I've Been up to.

This week was all about the 3D Modablockheads quilt top, and it is finally finished. I'm determined to continue to sandwich the layers and at least make a start on the quilting, although I'm not too sure what quilting pattern to use. It's very geometric so maybe straight line 'meandering' type quilting?!?! Anyway I'm really pleased with how it turned out. The next quilt made with the Modablockheads will be a lot simpler.

Earlier this month Bonnie Hunter announced her 12th 'Leaders / Enders Challenge and as it included the exact size of already cut squares that I had, I knew I had to do it. I had the bag of squares out to try and inspire me to use them, and now I'm inspired. So I've put away the pink scraps for now and will work on this. I've done some leaders /enders patterns before - they are waiting to be quilted.

This is where you will find Bonnie's Leaders Enders Pattern.

Link Up Parties: 

Wednesday-Wait-Loss

Off the Wall Friday

Finished (or Not) Friday

A Pageant of Finishes

Peacock Party 

10 comments:

  1. Your 3D quilt is stunning, so graphic. I'm a great lover of leaders and enders too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny. Yes I like leaders enders - much better to make something rather than using scrap waste.

      Delete
  2. Hum … no finished block to see? I need to see what block Bonnie's making. I keep 2.5” squares around too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No finished blocks yet Bonnie. I do one step for a few days before moving onto the next step. Up to step three now, but need to do some cutting. Not 2.5" squares, but I
      m sure you can use them - check Bonnie Hunters page for details.

      Delete
  3. Fabulous 3D Blockheads top. Looking forward to seeing it quilted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth, should have it finished today - yay.

      Delete
  4. Your project turned out great. I've been downloading all the blocks but I haven't figured out my plan yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sharon. I check the BH FB page regularly, so many talented people out there.

      Delete
  5. The 3D effect is gorgeous! Really sets off the blocks. I have no doubt you'll finish your leader ender project quickly! How cool that she's using a size you already have on hand. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer. Yes I'm really happy with it.

      Delete