Saturday 11 December 2021

Messy House: this week......

 

Yes, I finished the Destination quilt top - this photo reminds me I must start sewing the green themed Moda Blockheads blocks together. This will sit on my design board now until the New Year.

I completed part 2 of Bonnie Hunter's 2021 mystery quilt

I still needed the constant turquoise for the mystery so into Spotlight I went (before school holidays, and before the borders were opened) and not only did I find the turquoise, but a fat quarter I never expected to find. I'm making a baby quilt, and I have been since about March 2020. I ran out of the bike fabric, so needed to substitute eight sections with another fabric. It was all cut out ready to sew, and what do I find in Spotlight - the bike fabric I needed. What a wonderful surprise - and only $1!! Bikes are better than elephants, don't you think?

I also got stuck into catching up on the the 52 tags challenge. I learnt from doing Bonnie's quilts that one should do the most recent and catch up on what needed finishing later. I try to do that where I can, so here are the next lot of tags. 

21 - using bullion stitch. A new stitch for me, well a lot of the embroidery stitches are new to me.

22 layers of lace - using only what I had on hand.

23 Vase of flowers. I used a scrap of Tula Pink fabric as the vase. I think it looks good.

24 is tatting. Well...... I've tried it a few times and it just doesn't work for me - so this tag is STILL not done. I will keep trying though.

25 was weaving with threads. A fun tag but in hindsight I probably should not pull so tight.

 26 was halfway, and the prompt was medal. All of the bits used in this tag were given to me by an Instagram friend while we were travelling in WA. So very needed for this challenge.

 27 using beads. Who travels with beads???? I did pack a few sequins and seed beads but not enough to do a whole tag, so we visited some op shops. I did get a couple of bracelets in one shop, then a few days later found this necklace in another op shop in another town. Perfect.

28 was spider stitch. Another stitch I really liked. I also used felt as the background.

29 I didn't like at all, and I didn't have any 'ort' threads so had to use new embroidery floss. Ort = scrap of leftover. Who keeps leftover threads.....they go in the bin LOL.

30 was a brooch and I made two, one for me and one for my friend. Being November I thought it would be good to have a poppy brooch.

I have a few more, but will leave that for another post.

The plan next week is to continue to play catch up on the 52 tags challenge and focus-cutting sew-along. Also Part 3 of the mystery.

Link up Parties: 

Wednesday-Wait-Loss

Off the Wall Friday

Finished (or Not) Friday 

A Pageant of Finishes 

Peacock Party 

Put Your Foot Down

Small Quilts and Dolls

3 comments:

  1. That destination quilt is just wonderful!! How fun to remember all those places!
    and your BH mystery colors - LOVELY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a wonderful job on your Destination quilt! Thank you for sewing along. Your mystery colors are so pretty I just know the quilt will be! Thanks for sharing everything on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete