Saturday 1 August 2020

Under my needle this week:

I sew every day, do you sew everyday? I always do some hand sewing every day and when at home I usually have one or two machine sewing projects to complete - I wont mention the UFO's ......
Last year I started a quilting journal .. in a book. Previously I had written on single pages and thn placed them in many different places .... not ideal when wanting to look back at projects. Now I have a dedicated journal to write all notes.
I have been working on more of the fussycutting EPP, and the Paper Lantern SAL EPP.

I am making a placemat or centrepiece - haven't decided yet - with the fussycutting blocks.
This past week (week 30) has been for International Day of Friendship. A friend Rose, often gives me a bag of fabric scraps and as the month of July was stripes, I had pulled out these scraps.
For Day of Friendship I made these five block - all from the same fabric.
I started Paper Lantern sew along at the end of May. It started April 22, and is designed and hosted by Sue Daley. I get a lot of inspiration and projects from Instagram and this is one I found there. With granddaughter number 4 due in August I decided to make a baby quilt for her. They were going to visit us in Australia in December, but Covid got in the way. So maybe GD4 will get the quilt when she is 2! Part one was the centre and parts two to seven were the outside 'florets'. I decided to do each outside 'floret' in rainbow colours rather that the suggested one colour per 'floret'.
Well, I didn't like that ......... So a lot of unpicking! I'm getting very good at this now :( .
I changed the 'rainbow' effect that I thought would look good into the suggested pattern of one colour each 'floret'. Much better. That is what I am working on next week.
I did make a few more face masks for family and friends and tried a new pattern for a face mask. A lot of different mask patterns here. I really wasn't happy with the Olsen mask. It looks great but didn't provide the comfortable secure covering that I wanted. I really liked the stretchy t-shirt material for fitting snugly.
I've started linking to Link up Parties:

6 comments:

  1. I've been doing unpicking too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely paper pieced projects! By hand sewing everyday you'll get these done in no time. Sorry your family had to postpone the visit but perhaps they'll be able to come soon. I'll bet that lovely will will be waiting for them! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy the hand sewing Jennifer, baby quilt is getting bigger every day.

      Delete
  3. Lovely fabric for fussy cutting. I'm envious of your hand piecing, I hope I'll get to see the finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.Denise, Sometimes it is hard to cut some of the beautiful fabric.

      Delete