Saturday 25 July 2020

What to do with the house blocks

This year is my third fussy-cutting sewalong. 2018 we did hexies, 2019 were 6 point diamonds, and this year is house blocks. Both 2018 and 2019 I finished all the blocks but both as quilts are still a work in progress. This year, like other years, I have kept the finished house blocks in a box and each time I finish one I take them out and look at them, trying to get inspiration of what to do. Others have suggested bags, placemats, cushions, coasters, needle booklets, ..... so many choices.
Here are some that I have made.
We are now more than half way through the sew along and I think I will make place mats.

Saturday's are a day that I catch up on YouTube, well it use to be, but now we are home more I catch up with it every morning this episode of Just Get it Done Quilts by Karen Brown was very good, all about pre-cuts. Worth a look.
I follow a few different blogs and some have link ups. I am trying to check out some of the other links on their link up parties. Check out Whoop, Whoop Friday and Finished (or Not) Friday.

4 comments:

  1. Fun fabrics in your House blocks! I've been watching Karen's videos lately, too. She does a good job of addressing SEW many topics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sew does.
      I usually do these epp sewalongs in the caravan with what ever fabric I can find in the little towns we visit. Being at home due to Covid I get to use my stash. Hard to cut some fabric :)

      Delete
  2. Those are really interesting blocks - I would love to see how you use them in placemats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe next post Alycia. I have started putting them together using linking squares. We will see how it works out.

      Delete