Saturday, 22 August 2026

In The Sewing Room ...

Started the week by turning this finished applique into a table runner. As I had yellow scraps for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge already out, some light coloured fabric was perfect as the backing.

 
I used some scraps to make a place mat - that now gives me a set of 8 different coloured mats.

I then moved on to a block designed by Jennifer at The Inquiring Quilter  for Block Mania. The theme for this month is the night sky. Jennifer's block was a sunset over the mountains and I had some sunset fabric - but couldn't find it so I changed my block to include water. I have this scrap that I found in a scrap bag some years back, and it was perfect for the water.

I machine stitched the applique on, as this will be a wall-hanging rather than be included in a quilt. I then hand stitched the rough looking stars 😀in the design in the Cancer Constellation - my birth sign.

I really liked this block and I think I will make some more variations of it for the family, maybe with things they like - cruise ships, something Japanese etc.

I have been wanting to make another postcard block for a trip we did to Norfolk Island back in 2020 so with the left over water and sky fabric I made it.

 
It is roughly 6"x8" and I machine stitched the tree and over the foreshore. I hand stitched us in the water. Beautiful Emily Bay, Norfolk Island.
I took a close up of the tree and was surprised at how the close up makes the scene look stormy.
I have one other photo I want to make from this trip. This was the first postcard block I made. It is a scene from K'Gari (Fraser Island), Indian Head, and I think I'm getting better.

Link Up Parties for Inspiration

Finished(or Not) Friday – Alycia Quilts

Off the Wall Fridays - Creations - Quilts, Art, Whatever

Wednesday Wait Loss - The Inquiring Quilter

So Scrappy 




No comments:

Post a Comment