Saturday 17 August 2024

Messy House Catch Up

I started on Sugaridoo Between the Lines sew a long with row 5 - Rush Hour (above). I'm using a grey as my accent and for this row I used a variety of the same tone orange fabric. With this row complete I have an idea of how wide the finished quilt will be. (I'm a visual person -53inches will fit a single bed). So I will be making this for the girls room.
The next row is row nine - Into the Mountains, I started, hoping to finish in time for this blog, but ...... well, footie was on (my team won). This row is paper pieced.

I quite enjoy paper piecing now and seem to do a lot of it lately. There are many different techniques one can use but I like using photocopy paper, and I like to use the folding method. I pre-fold all the papers first.

I also pre-cut all the fabric pieces - saves time at the machine. With this pattern it was easy to make the three templates for cutting.

By folding the paper and sewing right on the edge of the fold I can reuse the same papers again and again - and no messy, and time consuming paper tearing.
I didn't finish the row but got close.

Link Up Parties: 

Wednesday-Wait-Loss – The Inquiring Quilter

Finished(or Not) Friday – Alycia Quilt

Off the Wall Fridays - Creations - Quilts, Art, Whatever

Put Your Foot Down - A Quiltery

A Pageant of Finishes – From Bolt to Beauty 

Scrap Happy Saturday - So Scrappy


3 comments:

  1. That's a good tip a out folding the paper to reuse again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that method of paper piecing! This looks like a fun sew along. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/08/14/wednesday-wait-loss-393

    ReplyDelete
  3. Between the lines looks interesting - that will be fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete