Saturday 9 March 2024

Indigo Way Complete

Indigo Way quilt is now completed and gifted, and I'm so happy with the way it turned out. Had a lot of work with "Jack" but the results were worth all the hours. I made a whole clue incorrect and had to unpick 6 of the nine blocks. It happens - at least I could binge watch TV.

This mystery was an interesting one in that there was traditional piecing and foundation paper piecing. I must admit I'm kind of liking the foundation paper piecing. I like to reuse the papers as many times as I can, so I use printer paper to make a master that I file away after making a few copies. I fold back the paper and sew right next to the edge, that way I can reuse the papers and my needle is going to last that little bit longer. I make templates for the individual pieces and chain sew each block.

I like to sew and watch TV. Lucky for me my sewing room is also our theatre room.

As I said last post, I do not like the sandwiching and pinning of the layers. I don't mind the quilting and would like to improve my quilting designs - maybe this is the year 😊.
I even hand embroidered the label, something else I need to improve on. For backing I used fabric in Rose's favourite footie team colours.
My first finish for 2024.

Link Up Parties: 

Wednesday-Wait-Loss – The Inquiring Quilter

A Pageant of Finishes – From Bolt to Beauty

Finished(or Not) Friday – Alycia Quilt

Off the Wall Fridays - Creations - Quilts, Art, Whatever.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your finish, that's a lot of work, especially with having to unpick some blocks. I hate having to do that. Nice bright colours, I'm sure Rose loves your gift. Did she know it was coming or was it a lovely surprise?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny. Yes Rose loved it, and now the weather is getting cooler it will come in handy.

      Delete
  2. And what a stunning first finish that is!! Love the colors you used!! ( Mine is still in small peices)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alycia. You need to get those pieces out and make a start :) It will be worth it.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on a beautiful Quiltville mystery finish! Yeah, sessions with Jack happen but don't they help make it an even greater quilt? I did not do Indigo Way yet but know I will make it at some point as I loved the colorway. Instead I played catch up on two older mysteries during the season. And at least you caught your error, one of mine has one quilted in, LOL! But finished is better than perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Vivian. I have started every Quiltville Mystery since Orca Mystery - sadly that is still sitting in a box, but at least the blocks have been made. Will finish it eventually.

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful quilt! Love the colors. Sorry about having to redo those blocks but as you say, it happens sometimes! I like to watch TV too when I'm quilting. Makes it go faster. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss. https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/03/06/wednesday-wait-loss-370

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer. Can't remember the last time I didn't 'invite Jack to the party' LOL. Just finished watching The Guilded Age - loved it, can't wait for season 3.

      Delete