Saturday 27 January 2024

Focuscutting Sewalong 2024


I am again doing the Focus Cutting Sew Along this year, which I have done every year since it started. This year it is all about the equilateral triangle. I'm doing 2" sides to match 2022 and 2021 blocks. I'll just keep adding them around the centre until I get to the size I want. Six equilateral triangles sewn together make a hexagon. This year the themes are the alphabet, which I'm really happy about as I can source fabric before the week and keep it until needed. This is especially good as we start our travelling season, both on the seas and in our van.

Block 1 - above - is A for anchor motif. Block 2 is A for animal sections. I used a monkey fabric and fussy cut the legs.

Block 3 is B for bicycle motif

I'll be off line for the next two weeks, with only the odd Instagram photo when we have internet. You can check our travels and sewing here.

Of course I'll be taking hand stitching.

Link Up Parties: 

Wednesday-Wait-Loss – The Inquiring Quilter

A Pageant of Finishes – From Bolt to Beauty

Finished(or Not) Friday – Alycia Quilts

Whoopwhoop Friday - Confessions of a Fabric Addict

1 comment:

  1. Love looking at your fussycutting choices! Great work. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/01/24/wednesday-wait-loss-364

    ReplyDelete