Saturday 4 December 2021

Messy House: Happy December

So much rain this past week, and now the sun is out it is hot and muggy. Lucky my sewing room is the coolest place in the house - getting no sun, so it is lovely to sit in there and sew and binge watch TV shows. I love Christmas and want to get started on some Christmas projects, just need some ideas - thinking maybe decorations.

I have been trying to catch up on focus cutting epp's. Above is how I have sewn the hexie blocks together. I think it will make a nice I Spy baby quilt. Sept Theme was Perfect Day - a perfect day would be cruising the Queensland coast.

 For sections I decided on the kaleidoscope and still need to put in the black triangles.

I'm not sure where 39 is: pattern matching. 😏will look into it. Maybe that's why I had this fabric out.


October theme was cosy, really a hard theme, especially with the weather here starting to be really hot. 40 was motif - teddy bears are really cosy (I know I'm stretching it!!).

41 was sections or obscure. Sitting in the garden is really cosy - ok stretching it again.

42 was matching. Cosy is watching the animals in the zoo!!

 Freestyle was the prompt for week 43. Reading in a comfortable chair is cosy!!
I also continued to sew the destination blocks together. I'm hoping to finish the top today.

Last Saturday I started Bonnie Hunters new mystery, Rhododendron Trail - I so look forward to this mystery each year. Fabrics chosen, but I might change them.

Part 1 is complete, waiting for part two.

Plan next week is to catch up on the 52 tags challenge. 

Link up Parties: 

Wednesday-Wait-Loss

 

Off the Wall Friday


Finished (or Not) Friday 


A Pageant of Finishes 


Peacock Party 


Stitch Sew and Show 

 

Put Your Foot Down 

 

Small Quilts and Dolls


8 comments:

  1. Such fun hexies! I think you're right, teddy bears are definitely cozy! Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great with your EPP project and also Bonnie's mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those hexies are super cute! Love your quilt along blocks and your fabrics for the new Bonnie Hunter Mystery. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Hexie quilt is adorable!!! Love the way you are setting it!
    and go you - keeping up with the mystery clues!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alycia. The setting wasn't my idea, had to look at what others were doing and this setting I liked.

      Delete