Saturday 20 November 2021

Messy House - Destination Quilt

Been a busy week and I haven't had a lot of time to sew. I did finish Block 4, Turtle Beach designed by Jennifer Fulton - The Inquiring Quilter. I'm becoming better at applique from doing Partners in Design quilt alongs, and I must say I sort of like doing them. I'm also getting better at satin stitching the applique. I still have 5, 6, and 7 blocks to do and I am in the process of adapting the blocks to suit our travels. 

Block 5 is Riding the Ferry - well, it absolutely needs to be a cruise ship rather than a ferry! Haven't cruised since this cruise in November 2019

This is a pieced block which is more my style. Designed by Kathleen McMusing. I have cut out all the pieces and just need to sew them together. Took me ages to cut them all out - mental note: don't watch Yellowstone while trying to cut out lots of different sized pieces!

Will start the sewing together tomorrow. I need to look at my stash to work out what my background/sashing will be. I want something dark, but probably not black, maybe dark purple.

Link up Parties with:

Wednesday-Wait-Loss 

Whoop whoop Friday 

Off the Wall Friday

Finished (or Not) Friday 

A Pageant of Finishes 

Peacock Party 

4 comments:

  1. love your turtle block! It is sew cute! Great idea about making a cruise ship since that is what you enjoy. I've only been on one cruise but would like to go on more someday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pat. We love cruising, it is a treat we save up for and so enjoying doing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turtle Beach is adorable! and a cruise ship - that will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great version of my block! Love it! Thanks for sharing it on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete