Sunday 15 August 2021

Tags

Before we left home in March, I started #52tagshannemade sew along, or maybe it is a challenge ..... anyway I am really enjoying it. It is hosted by Anne Brooke, and she posts a YouTube tutorial each week. I had seen so many posts on Instagram and really liked what these clever creators were making. I was already about 10 weeks behind, and I wasn't worried as starting a road trip I thought I would have time to catch up. LOL!!! I haven't been too bad, but still have a few to catch up on. I did pack a box of bits and pieces before we left, -above - and a box of material, that I have used on other trips, and I'm sure will get added to.


I have enjoyed the stitches tags that are a feature every four weeks, as I don't know a lot about embroidery stitches. The last embroidery stitches I made were on a baby's dress for my cousin's baby, Emma - that was over 50 years ago - gosh I feel old!! I remember using pink polyester cotton fabric and embroidering the bodice. Any way I have enjoyed doing the embroidery weeks. I'm also not to sure what I will do with the tags, maybe use them as bunting in my sewing room. On the back of each tag I am writing where we are on our travels and any other info I think needs to be there.

I always have my quilting journal, and sewing kit, whether at home or on our travels.

I am only going to post the tags in order, so here is the first lot. Tag 1 was all about white .... well I didn't bring a lot of white with me so I embellished it with white buttons.

Tag 2 was heart. I love this fabric, it is one of my favourites. I bought it in the USA in 2010 and I'm getting to the last of it now. It has featured in many quilts and projects. The silver hearts are costume jewellery I got in a bulk lot a few years ago - glad to be able to use them.

Tag 3 took me a long time to make as I needed strips of fabric, and I wasn't prepared to cut fabric unnecessarily, so I started it and kept adding to it with scraps until it was finished. It took me over two months to complete.

Each 4th week is a stitch week. Tag 4 was fly stitch, and easy to do.

Tag 5 was all about kisses, and what better to do than X   X   X.

Tag 6 - buttons. How lucky was I to have button fabric? I will add more buttons as we travel and when we get home.

Tag 7 was hexagons. I really liked this one and will make some more, perhaps as poppies for Remembrance Day.

Tag 8 was french knots and this took me a while to think about. I had scraps of fabric in the caravan from two years ago and thought I would add apples to the trees and some flowers.

Tag 9 was bits and pieces, and I certainly have that. The tag was to include a gift and the the lovely 'you are loved' tag and heart was given to us at the 2019 Jumpers and Jazz festival in Warwick.

I have done many more, and we are up to tag 33, so a few more posts to go. Tag 10 is Suffolk puffs - no idea what that is, so off to You Tube I go.

2 comments:

  1. I think I’m loving the idea of these tags… Imight make this my Friday night project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do it :) It i such fun and I am learning a lot.

      Delete