Tuesday 31 August 2021

Focus cutting update

Fussy/Focus cutting sewalong is going well while we are travelling. This year I have decided to make a baby quilt from a BIG hexie. A big change from the last few years of finishing nothing with the sewalong! 

So this is what I am making. I'm adding grey triangles to form stars. Not sure what colour I will used to finish the quilt, but I am sure something will come to mind.

April theme was gardens. I had perfect butterfly fabric for sections week, but it didn't like the 'normal' way of the blocks so I did a kaleidoscope type block which I really liked and so did others as the copied it. 

May was all about the senses. I had to use my imagination for this one.

June, all about travel - well, we are travelling, and we feel blessed to be able to travel. Block 23 I had Australia fabric, so in the centre I placed a map of Australia and roughly embroidered where we have travelled from.

That takes us up to half way through the year. We have been doing so many day trips to see our beautiful country, that not a lot of time has been dedicated to sewing - as much as I would like to be.

2 comments:

  1. Stitching, and knitting while travelling is always good I find. Do you knit or crochet, or stick to patchwork?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use to knit before we moved to Queensland Jenny. The last thing I knitted was a maternity jumper (that I loved) when we moved, that was way back in 1982 LOL.

      Delete