Saturday 5 September 2020

Spring is Here

I was meant to be doing a lot of sewing this week as Peter was on his annual boys fishing trip to Fraser Island, and I did - but I can't show you until after they are gifted. I did finish more masks and the Christmas stockings.


With the start of a new month, I will show you the four blocks for August Fussy-cutting sew-along. The theme for August was 'Home' and we are at home more than usual in these times of no cruising and limited travel. Week 32 signifies the many threads I have at home.

Week 33, sections - my favourite block, is sections of a key. Many keys at home.

 Week 34 pattern matching and week 35 freestyle depict clocks we have at home and also the times 8am (really 7.45 - 8.30am) the time I got to school, which was my second home before I retired; and 3pm the time the kids went home - I would often stay until 6pm.

I did  do a lot of cutting out for a couple of projects for this coming week. Sugaridoo QAL started last November I say I am up to date as two rows I decided not to do as they were rounded and all the rest are straight so I'll either leave them out or replace them with a different row. Row 11 is really lovely, and I'm looking forward to making that.

Another project I started in January was Moda Blockheads 3. I had a good start and got up to week 8, but I had trouble getting into the right mind set with both colour and size. Too many options! About week 5 I had decided on 12.5" square blocks in greens. This is the third year I have participated in Blockheads. The first year all the blocks were 6.5" unfinished and I chose browns. They are all now sitting in a box waiting for me to make something out of them. Gee, I need to move into my sewing to get sorted. Blockheads 2 were blocks of all different sizes, and I chose reds, whites, and blues to make a ROOSTERS quilt - my footie team. It is sewn together and all sandwiched ready for quilting. 

So Blockheads 3 is a little behind, but I’m getting organised to catch up. When I did my first Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt – Orca Bay, in 2011 – Bonnie said start each clue, and when the new clue comes out, stop the previous clue and start on the new clue - one can always catch up. So that’s what I’m doing with Blockheads 3. I’m starting with the current block (34) and will play catch up in between.Well that’s about it for this week. 

I am starting a new mystery Simply Colorful Envelope Mystery and as we will be travelling in the van soon, my blog may become irregular – or just photo catch ups. It will be great to be on the road again. See my travel blog Petalli Travellers: Are We There Yet? or our Youtube Channel.

This weeks Link-ups: 

Whoop whoop Friday * @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict.

Wednesday-Wait-Loss @ The Inquiring Quilter

Off the Wall Friday @ Creations..Quilts, Art..Whatever 

Finished (or Not) Friday @Alycia Quilts 


6 comments:

  1. I love the QAL rows. Those fussy-cutting Xs are pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Painted Thread. Once one starts epp it becomes an obsession.

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh!! you did get a lot done!! and with the secret sewing too!! what a great time you had!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Safe at home doing what I love to do Alycia.

      Delete
  3. Going to miss you but have a good time on your trip. Wow you have a lot going on! So many lovelies to look at, each more wonderful than the next. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Won't be going far Jennifer and will still have hand sewing with me.

      Delete