Wednesday 8 March 2017

March News

We are back home again!
All my good intentions for writing weekly haven't really gone too well - but today is another day.
So far this year we have caravanned all over north-east New South Wales, from the Queensland border to Tamworth, Hunter Valley and back up the coast. We were then home for 3 days packing for a Fiji and Pacific Islands cruise - read about it here on PetalliTraveller NEXT WEEK - and it is only the first week in March! I'm still unpacking.
I did have time to do some sewing. I finished a mystery baby quilt top, which I am very happy about and will definitely make more. Will post about that next. I also did another Farmer's Wife block, and some scrap string blocks, and of course some hexies. I even took a box of squares to make hexies on the cruise ship.

With not a lot of time for sewing while travelling, I was able to look at a few different websites, some of which I thought I would share with you.
*Angie at GnomeAngel is starting another sew-along next week. I'm thinking about it 😍, but still doing her Farmer's Wife Sew-along - and a long way behind.
*Lynn at Simply Colorful started a new mystery called 'Row by Row' while I was away. I am starting that today, but only making the baby quilt size. I still have to finish her sampler mystery, and her Brown Paper Bag mystery.
*Aussie Hero Quilts (and laundry bags) is in need of more sewers. If you can help check the website or FB page.
*Also in my email I received news about Quilter's Diary changing not only their website, but also their name to NewQuilters. Check it out, lots of hints and good ideas.

2 comments:

  1. Busy travelling and enjoying life - way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is Jenny :)Sewing, traveling, and enjoying life - what could be better?

      Delete