Monday 13 June 2016

My Country Quilt ... and catch up!

Haven't had a lot of time to talk to you about patchwork and quilting since we have been travelling in the caravan. I have been doing a lot of hexies and have made 6 Farmer's Wife blocks by hand sewing while away. We didn't really stay anywhere long enough to get the machine out, so hexies and hand quilting a 'country button' quilt that I pieced some 20 years ago - yes I know, sad.
The photo on the left was taken in 1999 and used as a prop for a book week display.
We have been using the 'country button' quilt to keep us warn in the van for some years. Over the years I have been collecting metallic buttons to add to some lovely buttons my Nanna had. This last trip I was able to finish the binding and start on the quilting part - all while we were using it as it should be used. I still need to find some more pretty metallic buttons to complete it.
Oh ... and the backing of the quilt is a fleecy blanket I received for a 21st birthday present. Things were made to last back then!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are back home safely after your great road trip. Love your Country Button quilt, it looks so nice and cosy - and certainly had a chuckle to read that it is backed with a blanket from your 21st birthday!!

    ReplyDelete