Monday 27 June 2016

Farmers Wife #15 Blossom

I do like this block. I have made a similar one for a family tree quilt. I guess that is why it was not so daunting to make. I used my own graph paper and made templates. Again, I did hand sewing of the pieces.
GnomeAngel tutorial can be found here.

My thoughts on the letter - 'Three Hollyhocks' 

by Flower Lover, 1938.

Flower Lover was saddened by the state of her garden after the ravages of weather and pests. However she ended her day happy and looking forward to her garden after a kind and thoughtful neighbour shared half of her plants. The neighbour said “It isn’t much” but Flower Lover was so overwhelmed and appreciative.
How often do our friends do what they consider 'little things' that we really appreciate. Even a simple smile when one is feeling sad is often a great uplifting expression  that makes one feel they are important to someone.
One does not know how others feel with what one says or does. We should all try to be more kind to ourselves and others.
Quote:

One kind word can change someone's entire day.

No comments:

Post a Comment