Thursday 7 April 2016

Farmers Wife #42 Heather

This was another hand stitched block while travelling. The good thing with hand stitching is that it is easier than getting the Elna out and machine piecing while travelling. I have not trimmed this one yet, but still very happy with the way it turned out. You can find Angie's tutorial here.




My Thoughts on the letter "Just Pass it on" by Mrs F.P. November 1938

Mrs F.P. talks about how grateful she was to have a neighbour who recognised when she was overworked and who would 'borrow' her small children and return them fed, bathed and ready for bed. All the neighbour wanted in return was for Mrs F.P. when her children were older, to return the favour to another young mum.

I feel blessed to have friends who know me well enough to recognise when and what I need, and provide it. 

Quote: 
Appreciation is a wonderful thing: It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.  ~ Voltaire

No comments:

Post a Comment