Thursday 28 January 2016

Farmer's Wife # 09 - Autumn

While away camping, I realized that I needed to print out some of the Farmer's Wife templates, so I made a list of what I needed and what I had, and I was able to make this Autumn block. Not a hard block to make, but it did use some small pieces. 


My thoughts on the letter "A Precious Half-hour"
By L.O.L. April 1939
I feel I need to point out that this was written in 1939, well before LOL meant 'laughing out loud'. L.O.L. talks about her busy life and no matter how busy she is,  she still finds 30 minutes in her day to recharge.
This is something I can relate to very well. I have always been someone with hobbies, something that I do to relax and de-stress. 
When our girls were babies - only 11 months difference, I would make sure 
I was showered and dressed, before I even got the girls out of bed. I always made time for me, back then it was fabric painting and ceramics.
As they grew, and our son was older, I went back to work full time. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed my job. It was my passion, my hobby. I enjoyed writing lesson plans and making resources and PowerPoints to share with my colleagues. I would always put aside Saturday to play an online game - Fairyland,  and to sew. Sunday, and most nights we're all school work. This one day was enough to de-stress. Sadly, increasing work commitments, left no down time - not even 30 minutes a day. 
L.O.L. knew the importance of 'me' time.
I have now left that uncaring, and toxic workplace, as the passion had been destroyed. I don't feel guilty,  although I did, now that I am doing what I want to do. I gave taken back my time,  as my time is precious. 
Quote: - Taking time out each day to relax and renew is essential to living well 
~ Judith Hanson Lassiter. 

Am I in the Autumn of my life? 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Allison
    Sorry to read that your teaching life has come to an end because of bad cucumstances, you clearly loved your job in earlier times. But now, as you say, you have plenty of time just for yourself. Maany happy wishes for a great retirement, with plenty of travel, hobbies, relaxing, and doing whatever makes you happy.

    ReplyDelete