Friday 4 December 2015

Farmers Wife #80 Patricia

I enjoyed making #80 Patricia. I like any form of a nine patch, and again this one would be good for fussy cutting. As I have started a few other projects - 
Simply Colorful Quilt Along (here), San Francisco Santa Club and Christmas Mystery, and Bonnie Hunter's new Mystery Allitare, not to mention the Christmas presents yet to make and the many UFO's to finish, I have decided to do only one of each block, unless it is particularly easy or I really really like.

My thoughts on the letter "A Recipe for Keeping Young"
by R. B. B., Sept. 1937
 I love my nanna naps. R. B. B. asked the question of why a mother looked so young, and the answer was naps. Some years ago 'power naps' were very popular - a short 20 min nap. At first I didn't think one could sleep for 20 minutes and wake up not tired, but it works. Everyone needs sleep and research has shown that power naps of 15-20 minutes can increase creativity, can improve mood, stress levels, blood pressure, and health in general. It is hard to find time each day to have a nanna nap, and some days I don't, BUT some days I do and I don't feel guilty about it.
Quote:
I don't feel old. I don't feel anything till noon. That's when it's time for a nap. ~ Bob Hope

No comments:

Post a Comment