Friday 11 December 2015

Farmers Wife #10 Ava

My thoughts on the block. Ava is the name of our 2nd granddaughter, so I chose colours that remind me of Ava. This block was a little more complicated due to the added 'square' in the four half square triangles. 
If you are following my blog you already know that I find it easier to cut squares and sew on the diagonal rather than cutting triangles and sewing on the bias - hence the two smaller squares on the large centre square on my layout.
 Gnome Angel tutorial can be found here, and you can find some great tips in the Farmers Wife 1930's Sampler Quilt videos from Marti Michell
Sew Along Video #2 - cutting tips
Sew Along Video #3 - to template or paper piece
Sew Along Video #4 -more measuring with templates

My thoughts on the letter: A Family, Regardless
by Synthetic Mother
Synthetic Mother writes about her and her husband's journey to adopt a child, and how the results were "bliss ... even if they are no flesh and blood of my own."
As I teacher I saw many different types of families and I can say that flesh and blood does not a family make.
Love makes a family.
Trust makes a family.
Caring makes a family.
Sharing the good and the bad makes a family.
Respecting each others views makes a family.
Laughing together, crying together, makes a family.
A family is more than flesh and blood.

Quote: 
The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other's life. 
~Richard Bach

No comments:

Post a Comment