Sunday 29 December 2013

Celtic Solstice - part 5

I must be in holiday mode ..... I had to 'draw' what was to be done in today's clue. Not that it was hard - it wasn't, but I just couldn't get my head around it to understand what I needed to do - LOL.
Worked out fine.

This is where I'm storing my sewing boxes.

Part 5 started - cutting the 2.5inch half square triangles.

The completed units waiting to be ironed with my new $10 cordless iron.
Worked so well and was great not to have a cord always get in the way of the little pieces.

Completed units wating for the 'dog ears' to be cut off.

Now I'm ready for part 6. Don't forget to check Bonnie's Blog.

Today I will cut out the pieces for the Merry Mayhem Mystery 2013.

Happy Sewing
Allison

2 comments:

  1. I think it's neat that some people who posted made this quilt NOT scrappy. I adore scrap quilts but hate to pull out all that fabric and make them. Wish I'd thought to make it like you did. I think it's going to look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I've done so many scappy quilts lately that I though if I simply buy the new fabrics I needed it would look ok. I think it will, but it will have to wait until I have time to finish it now. I'm working on a birthday present, and that takes priority at present - photos after I've given the gift.

      Delete