Sunday 2 December 2012

Where to start?

Tonight I have set side for blogging.
I've updated my class blog - yay two weeks to go.
I've caught up with my Photo a Day .....
and now da daa.......

I'll start this post with with finishing the modern mystery quilt. I really enjoyed doing this quilt and I'm very happy with how it turned out. My last post showed the variegated thread I used for quilting the border. I do like the affect this thread has, but gee it's hard to sew with. The tread likes to break and one needs to be very careful while sewing.

   I did change the finished design a little. I made a rectangle out of the mauve line through the circles and I used the coloured binding as an outer border. I also added a black border to the two long sides to make it more symmetrical.

Now to wait until the weather is cooler to use it :)

Happy sewing.
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment