Sunday 16 December 2012

Christmas Santa Mats

 Last year I made Christmas mug rugs for my friends and one young mum said that it would be good to lay out for Santa's milk and biscuits. Good idea! So this year I did a Google search for Santas Mug Rugs and found quite a few different designs. I made two - one for miss Cooper and one for Miss Ava. It was fun and didn't take too long to make :-)

 Ribbons ready - I was going to use ribbons as the trees, but changed my mind - I will use them somewhere.

 I decided to use some cut Christmas strings from the Christmas stockings I made the girls.

 I then cut the triangle sections for the trees.

 See I did find somewhere to use the ribbon.

 I made a calico pocket and used the ribbon for the top decoration.
I wrote the words first then stitched over them.

Next - the quilting. I used gold thread, which is at times difficult to use as it breaks frequently, but all went well.

One finished.


 
Add a Santa letter and drink of choice.



Happy sewing
Allison

1 comment: