Tuesday 18 December 2012

A Little Sidetracking ....

I went to the local quilting shop yesterday - they had a 40% off Christmas Kits and I had a $50 gift voucher - and purchased 3 Christmas kits.

Today I really wanted to make one of the place mats so I left Easy Street pieces on the sewing table and proceeded to make a possum and baubles place mat. This was a variation from the 'Tis the Season.'

The kit included the instructions to make the mat on the front, all the fabric, and the instructions for the variation.

 First I copied the pattern onto fusible paper.

Then ironed the paper onto the possum fabric.

All pieces cut and ready to sew.

All the fusible fabric ironed on ready to sew.

 I used gold thread and blanket stitch to machine the pieces on.

I used a textile marker to make the possum eyes.




The finished place mat - so happy with it. You know what will be in my Etsy store next year :).

Happy sewing
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment