Friday, 28 September 2012

Modern Mystery Part 1

A FB friend asked where Part 1 was - oops forgot to post, so here it is.

The pattern says to use solids on a light background, but I chose a black background to make the colours more bold.

Part 1 involved cutting random rectangles within a size restriction. I cut heaps so have now also added to my strip stash.

Before I started I couldn't get my head around what I had to do, so I actually drew a plan LOL.

To remember which fabric was the centre, I placed a pin in the middle until I had sewn two sides.

All the seams were to be pressed open. I usually press to the dark.

Adding the ends to make a rectangle inside a rectangle.

The finished part 1 blocks.
Happy sewing

No comments:

Post a Comment