Monday 4 June 2012

Catching up on Craftsy BOM - May

Been so busy and once I had finished reports, well the first stage of reports - I decided to catch up on some sewing. May Craftsy BOM was first on the list.

 First was to fussy cut a center for the block. 
It is a log cabin block - and I love log cabin blocks.

This is the finished block - well......................
I wasn't so happy with it, so went back to the instructions.
Yes..instructions - and I read them incorrectly. So back to the sewing machine.

So this time I did it according to the instructions.

 ...and it looks much better.

 The second May block was named a wonky log cabin.
I actually made the two blocks at the same time. I used each one as an anchor cloth the other.

This block is more like a crazy patch block and it would have been better if I had used more irregular shapes like a crazy patch.

I like it, but may re-do it later as a real crazy patch.

 This is my anchor cloth. I have always used an anchor cloth and feel it helps with each end of the block pieces and tends to stop stitches falling out.

Happy sewing.

2 comments:

  1. The first block is really nice. I didn't come so far either. But it inspires to take up the pieces.
    Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking I should make one of each block in the original colours i chose, and then make 9 of the same block in different colours to make a lap quilt. The block are easy and a lap quilt could be made quickly.

    ReplyDelete