Thursday 26 April 2012

Catching up with Hello Sun

After a relaxing holiday and back to work, which was hectic, I was able to catch up on April's Hello Sun Block. I'm making three blocks - one for each Grand daughter and a spare.

 First I cut our the pieces I need - 3 suns, 3 clouds and nine raindrops. I used some batik for the raindrops.

 Ironing the pieces in place. I bought this little iron from mail order on the internet - it gets hot enough to fuse the webbing and to set blocks, but not hot enough to iron most clothes. Great to take in the van and to have at my sewing table.

 Then all that was left to do was appliqué. 

 Now to the next project and Amy Gibson's Craftsy BOM.
 After reading some Q&A from Craftsy this site was suggested for hexagon shapes.
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/hexagonal/
It worked really well, so now I'm hand sewing.

Sew long - until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment