Monday 6 February 2012

Craftsy BOM

 I'm in a FaceBook Quilting Group and the members are so great. Someone is always looking on the net for new projects. This is one of them. It's a Block of the Month quilt, and each month two blocks are made. By Christmas I should have a lovely quilt.


http://www.craftsy.com/class/The-Craftsy-Block-of-the-Month/50

I love seeing what everyone else is doing.
I started while away on holidays, and I am using many of the colours I used for both the Orca Quilt and the Chips and Strips Quilt :-). I like these colours.

I did HAVE to go :-) to the local quilt shop to purchase some more fat quarters.


Here I am all set up. I have the Craftsy BOM instructions on my ipad. Beautiful day in Forster. 


Block One - slashed block



Slashed Block Number Two





Here they are pegged up on the awning of the van.

Now to February Blocks Three and Four - using half square triangles.

Now I'm home I can go to my stash to get extra fabric - this is what I can up with.



Block 3
The Balkan Puzzle Block

I tried the layout two ways and decided on the dark in the centre.
 

Block 4
Chunky Chevron Block

So here are the 4 blocks so far

I think tonight I will get out some Christmas material and make some more blocks :-)

Happy Quilting

3 comments:

  1. Hi Allison. Which quilting group on the net are you in. I am in a couple. I am also coing the craftys block of the month. love the fabrics you have used. Cheers Pauline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pauline,
      It's a small group of 33 - started as Fairyland Friends who liked quilting. It's great to be able to chat to like minds, andas the group is small we know each other.
      When are you going to put something on your blog?

      Delete
    2. Hi Allison

      I have 10 posts on my blog here is a link to it.
      Little House on the Hill
      quiltingpassions.blogspot.com

      I know the block in ther first photo has a mistake in it. Have rectified it. lol

      Delete