Thursday 16 November 2023

Fussy, Focus Cutting Sewalong

Sitting hand sewing the focus (fussy) cutting blocks int a small quilt. I can get so far, then have to stop and sew some more black blocks to go in between.
Week 31 - Animals - sections, top.

Week 32 - Animals - sections bottom.
Week 33 -animal matching.
Week 34 - animal freestyle
 Week 35 - Green motif.
Week 36 - Green sections.
Week 37 - Green matching.
Week 38 - Green matching.
Week 39 - Freestyle motif. I chose Halloween theme.
Week 40 - has yet to be made.
Week 41 - Halloween sections.
Week 42 - Halloween matching.
I needed an extension to my (already big) sewing table, and Peter gladly came up with an idea. He made me a set of shelves with a really lovely top, that fitted above the door of my sewing table. It meant I could move my machine more to the right, to make sewing more comfortable.
Under the top, on the shelves I was able to put my containers of fabric strips, you know the ends of fabric when you trim of to make it straight. I use them for strip blocks and log cabins.

Summer here now, and cruise season😇, so a few different cruises are booked, so sewing will be hand sewing on board. We also have family visiting over Christmas, which will be lovely as we haven't seen them since before covid. Doesn't mean I won't be sewing, just maybe not as much.
 

Link Up Parties: 

Wednesday-Wait-Loss – The Inquiring Quilter

A Pageant of Finishes – From Bolt to Beauty

Put Your Foot Down – For the Love of Geese

Midweek Makers – QuiltFabrication 


Off the Wall Friday – Nina-Marie Creations

Finished (or Not) FridayAlycia Quilts 

Peacock Party - Wendy’s Quilts and More

Whoop whoop Friday - Confessions of a Fabric Addict  

 

1 comment:

  1. Mmm, wonder where you will be cruising to next? Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

    ReplyDelete