Sunday 29 October 2023

In my Sewing Room

Happy Halloween to those that celebrate, we don't but we use to. Our daughter's birthday is 31st October, so of course all birthdays growing up were Halloween themed. I still put up the bunting and a flag I bought in the USA some years ago, and this year we have a flag pole to put it on.

With a visitor staying the past few weeks, not a lot of sewing happened. I have just finished a quick applique onto a sweater (granddaughters word - I call it a jumper 😊) for my granddaughters Halloween costume for a school charity event. Tuesday is going to be 34 degrees here (93F) and she will be wearing a 'sweater'. The Character is Mabel Pines - a Disney Character apparently.

October's Rainbow Scrap Colour is neutrals. I really did not have time to even get our the scraps and start, so I simply carried on with the aqua blocks from September.

In the past three weeks I was only able to complete Block 5 of Moda blockheads5 - Southern Star designed by Jenelle Kent. I'm 2 blocks behind now and a new pattern will be released on Thursday (my time) I really like the way the purple blocks are turning out.

The Christmas picnic quilt and bunting will also look great.

This last week I started Bonnie Hunter's new sew along - Star of Hope. I'm not sure what I will make, or who I will give it to ..... that's something to think about in the future.

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh - look at how busy crazy you are! That Jumper ( haha) is so cute - but really 93? and she is going to wear it ... shew - that sounds warm!!
    Your Aquas are so pretty - I can see why you would want to keep working on them!!! Go you!! and stay cool!! ( we started at 8F this morning)

    ReplyDelete