Monday 2 October 2023

Continuing with Blockheads 5

Continuing on with Moda Blockheads 5, Block 2 is Galaxy Star, designed by Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree & Co

For parts 1 and 2 of the Blockheads, I'm making 12" blocks in purple for a quilt, and 6" blocks of various colours for bunting.

For part 1, I'm also making Christmas 12" blocks to make a Christmas picnic rug. I'm also making 6" Christmas blocks for some bunting. I may continue the 6" Christmas blocks to make the bunting longer.  

Block 3 -Stellar Elegance by Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chic was foundation paper piecing. I don't mind FPP as it makes the points so sharp - usually. I started with the 6" Christmas block. I pieced it incorrectly, so ended up having to correct my mistake by making two blocks. I did run out of white for the background - so will fix that when making the bunting.

For the 12" block I made plastic templates so I could fussy cut sections.


It also saved fabric using the templates. This is the 12" Christmas block.

I next made the 12" purple block for the purple quilt.
My last block for the week was a 6" block for the bunting. For this block I combined sections 1 and 2 to make a diamond before FPP. That makes a total of 5 blocks for block 3.

1 comment:

  1. My goodness your sewing machine has been humming! I particularly like the fussy cut Christmas tree block.

    ReplyDelete