Saturday 15 April 2023

Finished Leaders and Enders Challenge 2022.

I finished last years leaders/enders quilt challenge, and I did add the extra blocks to make it look more symmetrical. Granddaughter saw it and said she wanted it for when she is watching TV, so it's hers. I even embroidered the lable with her name and she loves touching her name. She loves it.

I wasn't sure what to work on after that, so did some scrap sewing. March rainbow scrap colour was green. I started on some wonky log cabin blocks, but only managed one, but got a lot of scrappy 6.5" blocks made.

I tried a butterfly block and like it so much I made more with the scraps I had.

I also made a couple of green eggs to go with the pink one

The colour for April is purple and I have already started some wonky log cabin blocks. While scrolling Instagram I found a link to a free bunny foundation pieced block..... well I had to check that out and it was fairly easy to make. Maybe I'll make one or two for each colour of the Rainbow scrap challenge and add them to the egg scrap blocks.

 As we have another cruise coming up, and cruise ships are being 'environmentally friendly' with one providing strange lolly straws and a few others providing really thin paper straws, I decided to take my own reusable straws. So I needed a 'straw' pouch to put them in. This is mark two, and I'm sure mark three will be better.

Link Up Parties: 

Wednesday-Wait-Loss

Off the Wall Friday

Finished (or Not) Friday

Peacock Party 

Beauty Pagents



2 comments:

  1. Love your quilt! No wonder it was snatched up immediately. Your RSC blocks are terrific! I think I'm falling for the egg blocks now that I've seen that adorable bunny! Love the butterflies in all the colors! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a Great finish!!! that is a beauty!! and I love your green blocks - those style blocks really appeal to me

    ReplyDelete