Saturday 21 May 2022

Moda Blockheads 4

I have no idea how I first found Moda Blockheads but I'm so glad I did. I found them on Bear Creek Quilts as that is now my go to page for Blockheads. There is also a Moda Blockheads FaceBook page.

BH1 - 6.5" blocks. I did all in browns, and as we were travelling I was hand stitching them - and I do need to finish that one. 

BH2 - various sizes. I made a red white and blue quilt for our bed and the colours are for my favourite footie team - ROOSTERS - and I love it!. It looks great on our bed and in van.

I didn't do a lot of BH3 - 12.5", maybe half, as we were travelling in the caravan again. I chose greens and neutrals for this one. I'm not sure what I'll turn the blocks into, maybe two single bed quilts.

This year BH4 I'm using the colours red grey and black. Why? Because I made some place mats for caravaning friends some years back and used those colours. They looked great. We have the choice of 9.5" or 4.5" blocks. I'm making the larger size, although I may make some smaller ones as well.

Block 1 - Square Wheel designed by Lynne Hagmeirer of Kansas Troubles Quilters.

Block 2 - Cooee designed by Jenelle Kent of Pieces to Treasure.

Block 3 - Kougin Amman designed by Laurie Simpson of Minick & Simpson.

Block 4 - Spinner designed by Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs.

Block 5 - Two of Five designed by Barbara Groves of Me and My Sister.

Block 6 - Spinning into Spring designed by Linzee Kull McCray.

Block 7 - Game Board designed by Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gathering.

There are also bonus blocks. Here are the first three.

 

Link Up Parties:

Wednesday-Wait-Loss

Off the Wall Friday

Finished (or Not) Friday

A Pageant of Finishes

Peacock Party 


3 comments:

  1. Boy, have you been busy and productive. What a great way to spend your time on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks AWESOME on your bed!! How beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that Blockheads 2 quilt. The new blocks are so pretty in red, black, and white. Love that color combo. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete