Saturday 22 January 2022

Final Clue - Rhododendron Trail Mystery

This week's sewing has been the mystery quilt, with the final clue and the layout being released. I had a few, no, a lot of unpicking while completing  the blocks for clue 7 triangle blocks. All was good with the centre 9 patch, but when adding the borders around I had to be careful with the placement. Even when I started the first centre on point row, I had to unpick blocks because I placed the triangle blocks the wrong way.
I was lucky when I posted the top, first picture on my Instagram and FaceBook pages that a friend noticed an hour glass block placed in the wrong direction. Can you see it? I hadn't and I thought I'd double checked each block when I was making them and when I placed them on my design wall. So obvious when it was pointed out.
I am now half finished the top, and will 🤞 finish this weekend. That will leave the trimming and the borders to do.
It is going to be a big quilt. I think I need a bigger design wall! After the top is finished, and before I sandwich and quilt the quilt I think I will tidy my sewing room.

Link up Parties

Wednesday-Wait-Loss - The Inquiring Quilter

Peacock Party  - Wendy's Quilts and More

Small Quilts and Doll Quilts 

Stitch Sew and Show - Life in the Scrapatch



7 comments:

  1. I thought about swapping purple into my Rhododendron quilt since it's my favorite color. Now that I see yours, I really wish I did. I love how yours is turning out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Sharon. One never knows how a mystery will turn out. I wish I's replaced the yellow with teal.

      Delete
  2. I like your choice of colors. The purple is pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maggie. I didn't like the maroon colour with the pink.

      Delete
  3. Lovely quilt! This will be so pretty when it's finished. So glad that friend saw the error before it was quilted in. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete