Monday 20 January 2014

2014 Merry Mayhem Mystery tops

I had fun making the one day mystery. I did have to wait until I came home to put the blocks together as in the van my space was limited and it was difficult to work out the layout.

Here are the HST units I pre-made 


The large squares were also then made into HST's

All the little dog ears cut off

First step in sewing the units together. I miss read the instructions so half of the units were incorrect, but still looked good, so I didn't bother to unpick.

See they look good!

 I decided to make two smaller lap quilts rather than one large one. 
This is the first with the incorrect blocks.

Here are the two side by side.
One has all correct blocks the other not. 
I think both look good. They are now on my UFO stand waiting for borders.
I think I will do a thick pink and thin purple. What do you think?  


Happy sewing
Allison

No comments:

Post a Comment