Saturday 8 August 2020

Oops! I Started Another Project!

I really didn't mean too, it just happened. 😄 

I have a lot of projects that I'm working on, some on the machine and some by hand, yet at times I have 'nothing' to do! How can this be? This new one is an applique quilt along and I'm doing it on the machine.

This new QAL started last Tuesday with a new block is released each Tuesday. It is called QAL By the Sea and is from Partners in Design, a group of quilt pattern designers on FaceBook. Block one is designed by Bec from Pretty Piney.

I think it turned out very well. I cant wait for Tuesday and the next block.

While starting this new QAL, and looking around Pretty Piney, I came across this really clever 'trick' for making the pleated face masks. And I made it and it works a treat. The highlight of the week though was the birth of our grand-daughter number 5. She lives in England and we live in Australia, so it will be a few years until we get to meet this tiny precious baby. On a brighter side, I'll have time to finish her quilt.

I did finish a reversible bag for grand-daughter number 1. She loves sloths (at the moment - could change at any time) and after 12 months of looking for suitable sloth fabric - since her last birthday, I found some.

 Cute, right? I made it reversible with her favourite colour yellow.

I made an inside pocket for a pen, phone, and other - I put tissues and stuff in that one in mine.

That's it for this week. Here are my link up parties for this week. Check them out for some great inspiration:

Whoop whoop Friday

The Inquiring Quilter

SmallQuilts and Doll Quilts

CleverChamelon

Finished (or Not) Friday

What I Made Monday

8 comments:

  1. A new baby, how wonderful! And your new project looks very nice too, nothing wrong with adding a new one to the list, is there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did such a great job on the shells block! Love your fabrics. Hope you like the next block because it's mine! Thank you for joining us in the quilt along. That sloth bag is perfect. Love that fabric. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer. Will be starting your block today - what a doosy (interesting/ difficult/ challenging/ so many pieces/ can't wait = doosy :) ) I've seen real turtles in the wild, so beautiful.

      Delete
  3. Hi Allison, what a great block you made! Congratulations on your new grandchild. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andree. Little Briar certainly is beautiful.

      Delete
  4. First... the baby!! So sweet. And your new block in amazing! LOVE the colors and the beachy theme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is Alycia. Sadly no baby cuddles for this Nanna, but lots of photos and video chats.

    ReplyDelete