Sunday 17 December 2023

This week, Quiltville Mystery - Indigo Way.

I have been doing Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville mystery quilt for many years now. Sometimes I make half size, but a couple of times I have made full size. This year I am making half size, and this year I'm not really sure who I am making it for. 

This year the mystery started at the end of November and I started a week later. The mystery is inspired by Bonnie's trip to Vietnam. You can read about it here.

Part one was half square triangles.

I'm struggling to find 'white' neutrals so a trip to the fabric store might be in order.

Part Two was triangles in a square. Bonnie suggests red for the triangles, but I am using dark pink - a surprise, I think not. I do try to stay away from my favourite colours - pink purple and teal, but sometimes it is hard.

This week, before Christmas I will start on part 3 and part 4 - see, already two weeks behind!

Have a very merry Christmas.

See you in the New Year.

Link Up Parties: 

Wednesday-Wait-Loss – The Inquiring Quilter

A Pageant of Finishes – From Bolt to Beauty

Put Your Foot Down – For the Love of Geese

Scrap Happy Saturday - So Scrappy

Finished (or Not) FridayAlycia Quilts 

Peacock Party - Wendy’s Quilts and More

Whoop whoop Friday - Confessions of a Fabric Addict

3 comments:

  1. You are certainly a Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt addict! I started one of hers several years ago but gave up, too many little pieces for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely start to the mystery. Your colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start on the BH mystery!!! I like your "shake it up" color switch, Allison!!!

    ReplyDelete