Friday 19 January 2024

Update of Indigo Way

 Well it's almost finished 😊- Bonnie Hunter's annual Mystery Quilt.

Part 3- split half square triangles.

Part 4 - multi triangles.
Part 5 - square in a square. I chose to fussy cut the centre square.

Part 6  - triangle in a square. I thought this may be part of the border - and I was right. As I am doing half size, I may need to make extra blocks to complete the border.
Part 7 - hour glass block and the beginning of making the blocks. I sewed all blocks incorrectly, 
and that lead me to stop sewing for a few days while I decided whether to unpick or not.

Part 8 was the second block. I placed the two blocks together, and thought for a few more days - date with Jack or not?
I decided to unpick all the incorrect blocks as the pattern seemed to be lost with the incorrect blocks. Today I put on the first border and half of the second border. Now I'm deciding weather to put on the third triangle border - decisions, decisions. 
What do you think?
I think it looks fine without.......... but???

Link Up Parties: 

Wednesday-Wait-Loss – The Inquiring Quilter

APageant of Finishes – From Bolt to Beauty

Finished(or Not) Friday – Alycia Quilts

Whoopwhoop Friday - Confessions of a Fabric Addict

5 comments:

  1. I liked the incorrect blocks, they showed up nicely. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a suggestion about the 3rd border, but--WOW!--what a difference it made to redo your incorrect blocks. Great decision--the design jumped to life. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how yours is looking - those colors are so pretty together - I like it without the pieced border too !! so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Bonnie mystery quilt finished in the same year?!? I can only dream! Love your pink substitution for the red, will be making a note of that for whenever I get to this one. Got to say, it does already look good without the pieced border so I guess the questions are: how much more piecing work are you willing to do (and are those border triangles already pieced?), how big do you need the quilt and which way are you leaning more towards? Which ever one your leaning towards, go for that even if it means more work. You'll be happier for it (ask me how I know).

    ReplyDelete