Monday 10 February 2020

If you are like me you would enjoy looking at beautiful things and to me quilts are beautiful. When traveling I love walking around a quilt shop looking at the beautiful creations and usually buy something - not all the time, but usually. I also subscribe to others blogs to learn new techniques and to see beautiful things. This morning I received an email from My Carolina Home with the finishing off of a QAL that I have been wanting to do but haven't started yet!! Now it's over. 'Sew' that's now jumped up to the top of my to do list! It is a, or was a, Teacup Quilt Along using different techniques - think I will make a wall-hanging for my new sewing room 😇 .
I got into the habit of watching YouTube on a Saturday morning catching up with with not only quilting videos but also cruising, US politics, and music videos. On the weekend I came across Lisa Capen Quilts. It came up in my 'suggested' videos and the episode was about op shopping. I checked out her channel and there are a lot of great ideas there, so I subscribed.
About this time last year I started a quilting journal to record what I was making and to add my thoughts and ideas. It has been a good reminder of what I'm doing and also helps me keep on track. In the photo above I was using it to decide how to finish my 2019 EPP fussycutting QAL - still a work in progress. You can see the lovely Tula Pink fabric, I made a lot of different diamond blocks with that fabric. The white and green that I'm now adding is from a scrap bag that I purchased in Tasmania at a lovely little Amish cafe.
So far this year, in between caravaning, I have finished the main part of the Quiltville Frolic Mystery Quilt. I now need to iron the top and square it up before adding the borders. I'm going to do as Bonnie suggests, and also add another thin border to the very outside.
I have also completed two of the final four sections of the Galloromanic Mosaic by Ula Lenz. I'll make the second last one today. One more piece to go.
A new year is the start of the third fussy-cutting sewalong hosted by the lovely Naomi. 2020 is using 4 house blocks. The month of January was all about the Pantone colour of the year - blue. Theses are my blocks. I did two Wk 2 mystery sections as they are my favourite block.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it great to get tobdpend time in the sewing room again, I know you have been busy lately with caravan trips and cruising! Did you say a new sewing room? Do tell.

    ReplyDelete