Tuesday 19 November 2019

6 Point Diamond Stars

After my Auntie re-introduced me to hexies a few years ago I stumbled across an Instagram fussy-cutting group in 2018, and enjoyed making hexie flowers and learning a new skill - fussy-cutting. I had completed all the hexie flowers for 2018, but about a quarter still need to be sewn into the quilt top I started. 2019 saw the same group making 6 point diamond stars - a new epp for me. I learnt that a 6 point diamond shape is so called because it can be sewn into a 6 point star. One can also sew a 5 point diamond star, and an 8 point diamond star - and probably more. I'm amazed how different the pattern becomes by simply turning the diamonds.
Now it is November and only one month to go for this fussy-cutting sewalong. Way back in January, when I wasn't sure what to do with these 6 point diamond stars, and taking one and adding hexies and more diamonds I decided to make a round lap quilt for the caravan. Now I'm at the stage of one more circuit (or maybe I'll square it off) to finish. First I need some white flower fabric to go between the rings. So square or round, this will get finished before my 2018 one.
Here are the most recent stars I have made.
October theme was 'out of this world', and with a box of Halloween fabric I decided that would be my theme.
I'm still behind a few weeks, but no stress I will get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment