Saturday 21 September 2019

My ROOSTERS QUILT

Saturday mornings at home consists of breakfast while watching YouTube sewing and travel vlogs and sewing. Today I discovered a couple of new travel vlogs and I'm so excited for our next cruise, but I also got inspired to do some more foundation piecing .... we will see!
Yesterday I finally finished my ROOSTERS quilt. ROOSTERS are my footie team and it is only two weeks until the season grand final - and I am hopeful my boys will be there.
I started 'my ROOSTERS' quilt last June (2018), as part of Moda Blockheads 2. Way back in March 2017 the first Blockheads was started. One block is released each week and a blog post/tutorial and pattern are released. I was unsure if I was going to continue with a year long challenge, so decided to browns as my colour. I admit I have not yet finished the 2017 Blockheads - but I will (probably while waiting for Blockheads 3).
 Kept to the same fabrics for all the blocks, although I had to add some reds half way through.
 The blocks ranged from 6" squares up to 24" squares and included rectangle blocks as well as the different size squares. Some blocks had a lot of pieces. I like to cut out the pieces and lay them on my mini design board in order to make it easier to chain piece.
I watch tv while sewing, and sometimes I do sew the pieces the wrong way, My unpicker is never far away.
 The finished block.
 One of the larger blocks. In making the blocks I don't waste fabric, so when a piece requires cutting and 'discarding' triangles not needed, I would sew another seam and end up with a half square triangle. I have so many half square triangles now 😀. I used them when ever I could in the different blocks. This block I was able to use a few.
 The finished large block.
 
 I'm having trouble replying to block comments, but be assured I do read them.

No comments:

Post a Comment