Friday 13 October 2023

Blockheads Block 4 and Focus Cutting Sew Along

 
Weather is starting to heat up - hotter than usual for early spring - and it is lovely to be downstairs in my cooler sewing room. Although I haven't had a lot of time down there with Nanna duties and a guest staying in the adjoining guest room. I did manage to do last weeks Blockheads block - Block 4 Super Scrappy Star designed by Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts. Above is my purple version and below is my Christmas versions.

 I did have more time for hand sewing and caught up, again, with the Focus Cutting Sew Along.

Week 21 - Freestyle Pink

Week 22 - vertical lines

Week 23 - horizontal lines

Week 24 - diagonal lines

 Week 25 - freestyle lines

Week 26 - yellow motif

 Week 27 - yellow sections

 Week 28 - yellow pattern matching

 Week 29 - yellow freestyle

 Week 30 - animals motif

Maybe I'll be able to spend more time in the sewing room in the next two weeks.

4 comments:

  1. your moda blocks are so cool in two different ways!!
    And the x blocks - I love all the fabrics you choose - these will be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am fascinated by all the different effects you were able to achieve with the focus cut sew along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes the effect is amazing. This is the fourth year I think I have been doing the focus (fussy) cutting sewalong. I enjoy the calmness of hand stitching.

      Delete