Sunday 8 November 2020

Welcome to November

What a month October was ... a lot of sewing, ...... and 'overseas trip' to Norfolk Island, ..... and moving my sewing machine into my new sewing room - room still a work in progress. As we were away, I did two of the fussy-cutting blocks on Norfolk. Speaking of fussy-cutting, Naomi, who runs the sew-along has changed the name to 'focus' cutting. Find out about the change of name here.
The Theme for October was a it mixed. Week 41 was green for World Mental Health Day.
Week 42 was for World Food Day (16th Oct) ....I'm not sure why I didn't label this block.
The theme for the rest of October was 'Look Down' and week 43 was identifiable motif.
Week 44 was 'look down' sections. I should have made it better, but after sight-seeing all day, the light in the apartment was not very good - and I may have had a drink or too. I was on holiday!
Block 45 was pattern matching, as you know I don't like pattern matching. It wastes a lot of fabric for a motif that can easily be a motif. LOL 😊 I even managed to make a 5 leg star fish have 6 legs. It really was easy!
I'm now in my new sewing room and although it is still a work in progress I am enjoying going down there each morning - always taking something with me from upstairs. Still a lot of sorting to do, and I do some each day but I do more sewing than sorting.

5 comments:

  1. So jealous of the big, bright beautiful sewing room, mine is a basement unfinished room. Great job on your focus cutting ... I've discovered fussy cutting is not my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Took me over a year to get use to fussycutting Karen. I'm sort of enjoying it now though. I feel blessed to have such a space after 'working' from the back of the lounge room and kitchen and laundry LOL

      Delete
  2. Those blocks are all so cool! Glad you are enjoying your new space!! it looks amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alycia, yes I love it .... and now that the weather is warming up here it is lovely and cool down there.

      Delete
  3. Your blocks fascinate me. Some day I'll do some hand piecing, and this will be the kind of thing I try. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete