Saturday 21 September 2024

Finishing a project

I have a small design wall with unfinished small projects layered on it, so this week I decided to finish one. I have always wanted to have a wall hanging for the seasons and occasions. This quilt (it is large enough to use a small lap quilt) / wall hanging I made way back in November 2017. I'm not sure I had in mind to make it as a wall hanging back then, but that is what I want it for now. It is from Missouri Star You Tube channel and is called Fall Shenanigans Quilt. I started by adding a thin black border and decided not to use batting, only backing, it is going to be a wall hanging and doesn't need batting as I was using a thick cotton backing that is too thick for quilts. I quilted it using a free motion meandering stitch. I added a hanging sleeve - is that what it is called?

I felt it needed a bright border, and I have a really large collection of plain fabric and orange was perfect for the binding. I machine stitched the binding to the front of the wall hanging and hand stitched the back. I must remember to do a label!!

Here are the first four rows of Sugaridoo Bernina quilt along. I was asked last week if the pink row was paper pieced. Yes, I will try to be more informative with my posts in the future. The first four rows are all paper pieced. 


Link Up Parties: 

Wednesday-Wait-Loss – The Inquiring Quilter

Finished(or Not) Friday – Alycia Quilt

Off the Wall Fridays - Creations - Quilts, Art, Whatever

Put Your Foot Down - A Quiltery

Scrap Happy Saturday - So Scrappy

A Pageant of Finishes – From Bolt to Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment