Saturday 10 October 2020

Messy House - Catch up.

It has been a busy week, but not a lot of sewing going on. We met up with friends a couple of times, which was great in this ISO year. We also started clearing out a new space for my own sewing room, well area really, but it is a big area. With time during the day taken up, I did manage to do some more of Paper Lanterns hand pieced quilt for our new grand daughter in the evenings. 

With moving furniture into my sewing room, it left our lounge room lacking in seating. I have 3 old wooden chairs that have been sitting on the verandah waiting to be recovered, so now was the time to do it. I had been gifted some fabric that I had put aside for one of the chairs, and this is the result. 

My plan was to repaint each one a different colour - pink, purple and teal, but I think I may just sand back and revarnish. What do you think? Let me know in the comments.

Early in the week, before our lunches and breakfasts out, I did manage to finish the mountains for Simply Colorful Mystery. I think I will work on some more blocks this week.

Here are some pictures of my new space. The other half of the room will be Peter's media area. 

I'm still moving furniture in and moving it around in different places. It will be so exciting to have everything down there and I start full on sewing again. I will not be doing this blog the next few weeks - busy time. Catch up at the end of the month.

Link up Parties:


Whoop whoop Friday

Wednesday-Wait-Loss

Off the Wall Friday

Finished (or Not) Friday

A Pageant of Finishes

Peacock Party






6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your lovely new sewing space.
    As for the chairs, if it was me, I would prefer them with varnished wood, and maybe with different fabric coverings. Unless of course you have enough of the fabric used for the first to recover them all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think I agree Jenny. Looking at the chair for a few days now I think they will all look better with the varnished timber. I'll work on purple fabric and teal fabric for the other two.

      Delete
  2. what fun to meet up and change up the house. I personally like the wood colors, but I can see how lively the chairs would be painted in solid colors too.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Alycia, think I will stay with the wood. The trick now is talking son into sanding so I can varnish LOL

      Delete
  3. How exciting to have a new sewing area! And so roomy. Can't wait to see how you arrange things. Your Paper Lanterns quilt is going to be stunning! Thanks for sharing it on Wednesday Wait Loss. Love your Simply Colorful Mystery blocks. How pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer. Room is getting very full now.

      Delete