Saturday 11 May 2019

Good Fortune Top Finished

I do love doing Bonnie Hunters Mystery Quilts - well I love doing all Bonnie's patterns. The most recent one "Good Fortune" I was not able to finish before going on our three month caravan trip to Tasmania, but now the top is all done and just waiting for me to decided on a backing. Above is clue 6, which I completed on New Years Eve - see the Sydney fireworks in the background, and it was string piecing. Then I had to wait until a few weeks ago when we got back to complete clues 7 & 8.
Clue 7 was using all the four patch and half square triangles from previous clues.
Clue 8 and the final reveal, and boy was it a long clue. First step sewing units together to make two larger units.
Then came the borders. The first border caused me grief, due to me not being attentive to Bonnie's pattern. I had to unpick two of the four sides. Not a good way to spend a Saturday.
 The second border was using all the green and neutral bonus half square triangles - how I really like the use of all the fabric. Third border was neutral strings again, and instead of doing solid corner stones I simple continued the strings. The last border was all the pink and purple triangles. Woo it looks so good. Can you spot the mistake? I was missing one left hand side triangles unit, and Ithought about making another one, but then thought no....... and here it is! Still thinking about backing and binding.
Next project still to complete from last year is the Moda Blockheads 2 ROOSTERS Quilt. Love my football boys, and many tops to quilt.
BUT
I am starting two other projects:the new Simply Colourful mystery quilt; and Ulas Quiltpage BOM.
I love creating and sewing.

1 comment:

  1. So beautiful Allison, and I love the colours you used. Bonnie's quilts are gorgeous, but they have so many little pieces!

    ReplyDelete